If your in the Boston/Cambridge area this weekend be sure to swing by Club Passim’s awesome Campfire Music weekend festival going on all weekend through monday night! This is their big 10th year anniversary throwing this event! Lots of great tunes ranging from guitar, cello, violin, banjos, beatboxing, singing, piano, and tons of other great folk music live while dining in on veggie planets tasty food! I’m there most of this weekend with friends, so throw me a note if your going or look out for me.
“Today we’re announcing the launch of Ubiquity, a Mozilla Labs experiment into connecting the Web with language in an attempt to find new user interfaces that could make it possible for everyone to do common Web tasks more quickly and easily.
The overall goals of Ubiquity are to explore how best to:
* Empower users to control the web browser with language-based instructions. (With search, users type what they want to find. With Ubiquity, they type what they want to do.)
* Enable on-demand, user-generated mashups with existing open Web APIs. (In other words, allowing everyone “not just Web developers“ to remix the Web so it fits their needs, no matter what page they are on, or what they are doing.)
* Use Trust networks and social constructs to balance security with ease of extensibility.
* Extend the browser functionality easily.”
Add the ubiquity plugin here.
Thought of the week: Keep trying and believe.
– A peek into Jetblues new restaurant terminals!
– Made in USA shirt in Chinese.
– Flower Foaming Fire Extinguisher.
– Wifi Heatmap..kinda nerdy, but kind of works.
– How to get into any club by pretending to be a DJ.
– A very bad paramedic!
– Free the airwaves!(internet for all!)
– Windows Error page projected during Olympics opening Ceremonies!
A few of my favorite magazine subscriptions just ended and my shelves are packed full of old issues while my sustainability side urges me to save paper…what to do!
Aha, “Mygazines.com is your free place to browse, share, archive and customize unlimited magazine articles uploaded by you, the Mygazines community.”
Sweet. I’m not sure who’s going to scan and upload all the pages each month, but it seems like someone does because most of my favorite magazines are on there with really nice scans, along with a snazzy GUI for navigating them. None of the fancy $100 mags, but the basic sets from the airport are up there!
Some pretty sweet Obama shirts over at ObamaIsTheMan.com. Take your pick from the “Change Tour”, Badass Obama” or “Obamatoo” T-shirts! As the back of the “Badass Obama” shirt says, “talkin’ bout change, sucka.”
The Obama brand is everywhere yo!
This made me smile!
Grow up,but stay a kid 😉
“71% of adults used to play on the streets when they were young. 21% of children do so now. Are we designing children and play out of the public realm?
This project is a study into different ways of bringing play back into public space. It focuses on ways of incorporating incidental play in the public realm by not so much as having separate play equipment that dictates the users but by using existing furniture and architectural elements that indicate playful behaviour for all.
It asks us to question the current framework for public space and whether it is sufficient while also giving permission for young people to play in public.
Play as you goâ€¦â€ Bruno Taylor.”
Oooooooooo, my gosh, Wasara makes some unbelievably beautiful paper tableware pieces with a very keen sense in Japanese aesthetics. I especially love the slight curves in the plates to fit around your hand. I’m not sure if I’d ever want to throw these plates away but they are eco-friendly in manufacturing and in material.
If your seeking something more sturdy you can always buy the beautiful plastic “Tast.es” object though there is a beauty about 1 time use paper plates.
Avatars have always been a hit online along with emoticons and especially after the Wii came out with the awesome Wii Mii’s. So why not create your own Manga Avatar here!
How clever… a napkin for your keyboard which let’s ya keep typing without a worry in making a mess! So grab that sandwich oozing with cranberry sauce and type away as you get your lunch geek on!