Juan Enriquez (2008) Pop!Tech Pop!Cast from PopTech on Vimeo.
Juan Enriquez presents a vigorous 10 point commandment plan to save the US economy for our next president during Pop!Tech 2008. Watch the video here with more info on joining to help out including a pdf of his presentation!
Copied from the current wiki here:
IMMEDIATE ACTIONS FOR THE COUNTRY AND PRESIDENT ELECT DURING THE NEXT ADMINISTRATION’S FIRST 60 DAYS:
1. We have to save the dollar (AAA rating in jeopardy)
2. We have to fundamentally and brutally restructure debt
3. All entitlements are fair game.
4. Cut back military by 2% per year for ten years
5. Cap medical costs at 18% GNP (going to be a cat fight, but we need to have it)
6. We have to triage our support for companies (don’t attempt to save dying whales)
7. The program has to be fundamentally American, meaning it must once again limit the federal government.
8. Simplify and broadly apply Sarbanes Oxley – apply it to government, apply it to hedge funds
9. We will invest in growing start up companies (which create the most jobs – this is where the economy is growing)
10. We will treat education as a varsity sport (and continue to recruit foreign PhDs)